View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #411
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Imaginative Poddy Dodging.

I was flying a Bell helicopter mustering cattle on a Northern Territory property when the station manager had his friend call by with a body truck, stock crate and 35 head of breeding cattle. He had purchased the cattle from a large well known property and was enroute home to his own property.
So why would a property owner make such a small purchase? Easy. His neighbour also had purchased some three thousand head from the same property and had not cross branded them. Therefore every cow carrying the sellers brand that had a calf at foot could be claimed as his. Well after all he too had made such a purchase and further more had a receipt to prove it. I should mention there are no fences and boundaries were usually determined by natural features such as waterways or ridges.
Potentially he could brand some 3,035 calves each year whilst these cows were reproductive. Whilst that is not possible he could certainly brand considerably more than 35.
The Territory is full of scallywags plus others hiding from the law and family maintenance. Some have multiple names you know.
And do you know why I have left names out of this story? Yes of course you do. Don’t you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg willeroo stn. n.t. (8).jpg (37.5 KB, 11 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 12-28-2018 at 04:32 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote