Thread: New Block
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
hardtimes

Default Re: New Block

Hey Ol Ron,
You young guys sure have a great imagination! Keep on 'dreaming' buddy as we ALL learn from dreamers of dreams,eh! If I win the lotto, I'm definitely looking to you and others on this board as consultants for the new V8 flathead block...MADE IN USA, eh!!
Anyway, what I wanted to let you know is...YOU may be interested in looking at the current ongoing efforts of a dedicated guy who is making a Model A (NEW) block. He is nearing(thanks God) the stage where he is getting close to a 'good' block for production for all. Point is, many of your stated improvements and still keep it stock looking...have been done in his quest for this NEW model A engine. For instance block metal content, internal improvements, etc. It is extremely informative..especially to knowledgable guys like you, to see the LOONG journey that he has taken to do this engine. I can see how a NEW V8 flathead block developement might follow the same process...but be made easier by this mans' efforts/successes in his quest for NEW Model A engine.
BTW - His efforts have taken YEARS and his regular reports to supporters (like me) have given me such hope in his project, that I've set aside funds to hopefully be among first in line for his finished product!
IMO..french block isn't selling as you might expect....because it's FRENCH,eh...and because of $$$$ cost, whereas and USA made flathead blocks still hold good value , after all these decades!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote