View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #565
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Dale,
Thanks I am really looking for the day those 32 headlights shine. They will be one on many "crown jewels" on the 32 from new found friends.
So Jan 3 will be the day I will strive for. Might be sooner but the way its gone this summer, that date looks about right!

I had a IH TD6 dozer loader that I sold to fund some of the 32 project. It was pretty neat and I have many pages of information on the Red Power Forum under construction section about bringing it to life and the work to get it operational again vintage was 1954 model. Here is a picture of it when I had it. You can see some areas are cleaned, re-furbed and painted, other areas left original. I would start it on my birthday even if it was very cold! Diesel engine that starts on gas then toggles to diesel, (no pony motor)!

Folks,
Spent the day at the local tractor show grounds hauling pulling tractor, mowing grass, and repairing damage to the lawns from the summer show which was way too wet!
We have a tractor pull Saturday Oct 9 th. So more Orange tractors to haul there and home. Club members built a new pulling track for our antique pulls this summer.

So when I got home I began rummaging through my Allis parts in the vast warehouse for a bracket to use or modify to adjust/ tighten the fan belt. I found a bracket for the Allis WD hydraulic system that will be retrofitted to work on the AAB truck.

Forgot to mention that I did get a fan belt it is a NAPA B40 which may be slightly narrower than the original, but a good fit into the pulleys. Used some soap and a gentle nudge with a piece of wood and a hammer and the belt was gently forced between the crank pulley and the u bolts! I was sweating that one!

different alternator tension-er will be used:

My helper for the morning was the toe headed Great Grandson Cooper. He climbed in the cab and was happy the truck had floor boards for a change!

Small steps!

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 10-07-2021 at 05:34 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote