View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #14
GB SISSON

Default Re: 1940 ford sportsman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
i think a roadster pickup would fit the bill for an active guy like you in the summer months like a wood Ute
CAS, you musta read my mind.. Way more funky and slightly easier to build. It would wear the bird s#!+ better than a sportsman. There was a guy that went by \willowbilly' on FTE. He built a VERY nice RPU from many parts. Drove the wheels off of it. He was about my age 67 but he passed away from cancer about 2 years ago. It wasn't a rat rod, no navajo blankets on the seats (yawn) or hand grenade shifter, no skulls, no crossbones and no barbed wire. Just a fun open truck made from what he had on his N Dakota farm. He was an inspiration. Not saying I'm not thinking of a sportsman as well, but whatever it ends up it should be interesting. I didn't get any more stripping done on the chassis today. Too hot out.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 08-15-2020 at 07:06 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote