View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #382
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Malaysia is a dry state.

Money changes that doesn’t it. We all know Al Capone make his living by wetting people’s throats? Yes? It happens in every place throughout the world and that includes Malaysia.
You see Malaysia is a dry state, officially that is but we purchased liquor from Filipino pirates through an intermediary. Good beer, San Miguel and poor rum,Tanduay. It came in hessian bags and was buried in the sand on the beach. Our intermediary, Risol, dug it up and delivered it. After removing the bottle cap we would need to wipe the sand off the bottle neck.

Our supply stopped for a while but restarted again, this time with a change in vendors. The police. With a price increased of course. We orang putih’s ( white man ) were a reliable and profitable market. They, the police made up their own wages and they did that with great resource. The liquor trade they had just entered, a fee on illegal immigrants charged prior to disembarking, traffic infringements with on the spot negotiated fines. They had every form of graft covered. Resourceful weren’t they.

We all reckoned Risol had been a former pirate, he denied this. He had a few, maybe 8 tattoo spots on his face which we figured was a form of branding.

More about resourceful pirates in a future story.

Fromthe internet. Orang Putih. ... OrangPutih happens to be a term written in the Malay language. ... Hence, Orang Putih means White People in English.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)