View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #17
woofa.express

Default Re: Don't ask me how

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
[B]Synchro,
We've lived in West Texas where the wind & sand blow, sounds much like your "OUT-BACK"---Ever have SAND on your table & even between your bed sheets?
We lived in funky OLD HOUSES that even whistled & the linoleum on the floor, would even float up & down when the WIND blew----NLOL---My modern house is like a CASTLE, compared to that!!!
[B]Even modern houses there, can't have insulation above the ceiling & every couple of years, SAND has to be scooped out, above the ceiling. "Somehow" the sand is able to leak into the attic area!
[B]Once there, during a sand storm, Chief & my Uncle were trying to get home with their wagon & 2 Mules, they spooked & ran away & Chief & Uncle Pappy jumped off & walked home, as if walking in a FOG! The Mules were waiting patiently, at the corral. Sounds like an Old Western Movie--LOL
Bill W.

I like your story and I will bring it to my wife's attention. We live in a small rural town with plenty of trees around and river adjacent to the south. She, wife Patsy, complains about dust and asks where does it come from. Well after reading your situation she should be pleased with our ours. cheers, gary m

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote