View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #15
denniskliesen

Default Re: Don't ask me how

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
[B]Synchro,
We've lived in West Texas where the wind & sand blow, sounds much like your "OUT-BACK"---Ever have SAND on your table & even between your bed sheets?
We lived in funky OLD HOUSES that even whistled & the linoleum on the floor, would even float up & down when the WIND blew----NLOL---My modern house is like a CASTLE, compared to that!!!
[B]Even modern houses there, can't have insulation above the ceiling & every couple of years, SAND has to be scooped out, above the ceiling. "Somehow" the sand is able to leak into the attic area!
[B]Once there, during a sand storm, Chief & my Uncle were trying to get home with their wagon & 2 Mules, they spooked & ran away & Chief & Uncle Pappy jumped off & walked home, as if walking in a FOG! The Mules were waiting patiently, at the corral. Sounds like an Old Western Movie--LOL
Bill W.
Bill, I drove a truck for quite a few years going up and down West Texas. We usually turned off west from Hereford and then south through Donky Slipper, you know where that's at. I've been caught in some light storms and gone through when the road was over half drifted from the red sand.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote