View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 08:03 PM   #13
Lawrie

Default Re: Trip away in the pickup

So far on this trip, we have seen plenty of wild life, bustard,emus,kangaroos,spoon bill duck,goats,( you want to see them take off when you hit the horn), lots of goanas, and snakes,dead pig,and a huge dead gonna,Wedge tail eagles, an$ red back wren,
Also painted silos, and yard art.
Plus a sample of old A parts at a 5 stand shearing shed,
Also a disused winery that operated from 1863 until 2011, we snuck inside this and man you should have seen in there, still full of all the barrels that were also full( we did a taste test to be sure) it was vert nice,
The A is going great, we did a couple of hot days travel in 38c, no drama ,window open and drink lots of water, engine never got over 89 c
Fuel usage great, and have not had to use the Jerry can yet,
Most places are 200 klms apart and we are on the backs roads so travel is very relaxed,
My tyres tell a story though,start of last rip I fitted two new Firestone’s to the front, and two no name brands ones to the rear, they have done 3649 miles, the no name brands are toast and will be surely bald by the time I get home, the Firestone’s on the front are still like new,
Travelling in hot days are really no problem, with the front screen opened on the first notch, side windows down and drink lots of water, engin3 uses no water or oil.
More later
Lawrie is online now   Reply With Quote