View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 05:43 AM   #2
big job

Default Re: 1949 Ford State Police car

All I know we I worked for my uncles bus co. I was issued a 1949 4dr with overdrive.
It had a massive alternator (compaired to the normal generator) to run the radio that
took up the whole trunk Motorola.. The alternator was a leece neville probably something
like in the 80 amp and I remember a rectifier behind the grille big as a lunch box with many wires going back to the alternator. I loved that car, sad day when they bought
several Plymouth Vaiants around 1969 or 70. There is an article on the 'MEL" fourum
about Calf. highway patrol buying several 1958 Medalist Mercurys. This one being restored likely the only serviver. They as new were farmed out for CHIPs specs. Altered
suspension probably Lincoln brakes Super Maruder 400hp 430 there was a couple mentioned with standard shift with OD the rest were the new 3speed Multi Drives. The builders probably were Nascar shops or others of many in Calf. As far as the electric I
know our Police Dept were given from the Army a Blazer with no miles it was brought
to the local Motorola Dealer and they did the electrical upgrades. Hope this helps. sam
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)