View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:42 PM   #60
37 Coupe

Default Re: Model A prices...going which way?

I once (late 1976) decided I wanted a new 1976 Torino wagon because I did not like the 1977 models.Local Ford dealership did not want to look for one they wanted to sell me 1977 model.I went home and started calling Ford dealers back when every little town or village had one. One in Zanesville Ohio said they could get me one,what color and what options do you want? They called back and said they found one for me to come over 35 miles or so and look things over said sticker or price they wanted was $4,500.When we got there and looked over the paperwork it was $5,400.Salesman said he must have dyslexia or something he was sure it was $4500 and did I still want it at $5400? No way but as I was telling him you owe me some sorta gas allowance for lying and wasting my time. He got up and I saw where the car was in Pa. Went home and told local dealer where it was and I will buy it but not a 1977 model ever.So they sent two guys over to get it and even with paying them a days pay sold it for the $4500. I guess it had the 300 miles on it but I didn't argue the used car issue,I was happy to get it my first air conditioned car.Really liked that car but the 9" rear end came apart once when I backed up my long driveway,bearing backed off and after fixing it it howled,then wiring caught fire when it was 8 years old.