View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #55
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Model A prices...going which way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Go to a Dealership and purchase a new pick-up. Make your best deal and drive it around the block and take it back to that dealer and see what it is worth then.
Once I ordered a new Ford from a dealership, and they said 'no problem' we don't have the car but another dealer does we'll do a dealer trade.

I had worked at a Ford dealership many years ago and understood that procedure and said 'OK go ahead'.

Well the bloody dealership was almost 600 miles away. Almost into Canada. When they called and told me the car was prepped and ready and I saw 620+ miles on the clock I said 'You gotta be kidding? This is a used car. Tain't a new car'. I told them 'So if I had bought this car with the normal 8 miles on the clock and brought it back with 600 miles and told you it was a new car and I wanted all my money back, you'd give it all back to me?' The Manager said 'Hell no that is a used car buddy.'

Never went back there they lost a lot of money for that crap, and I've bad mouthed them to anybody who would listen. I know of at least 6 or 7 new car and truck sales they lost because of me so we're even. Buddy. .
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote