View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #44
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Model A prices...going which way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbluoval View Post
Why wouldn’t the true measure be to go to live auction sites such as B-J and others?...........................
Listings on eBay and sometimes on the collector sites are often dreamers.
Kinda sorta the reality of auctions is that price is only good at that time and place and situation, so the numbers get skewed. They aren't good indicators of value.(The way that Bob set his research up is a better indicator, thanks Bob for doing that work! Much appreciated.)

I was at an estate sale a few years ago to watch a '30 Ford Deluxe Roadster sell. The car wasn't a 10 footer it was more in the 50 foot range, a real turd. I wouldn't want the thing as a gift. It sold for $17K and the guy took it to another sale a year later and somebody paid $21K for it. And he hadn't done anything to the car. Those are the types of prices NADA gathers.

That is what NADA's yellow book value on collector cars shows mainly, nationwide auction prices and asking prices. If someone would walk up to me and offer me NADA Collector Car Value for any or all of my old cars I'd have an empty garage in about 5 minutes or however long it too to start them up and back them out.

Then, I'd take that cash and go shopping for replacement old cars

Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 10-05-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote