View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 09:11 PM   #17
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: MARC ballot and Constitution change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene F View Post

Here is the deal, they put in there "no one but members will be allowed at any event". Now how many of us have been introduced to a guest at an event, that later bought an A and joined. Talk about driving a nail through your own foot. The more I looked over the changes, the more I thought an attorney drafted them. You get the idea. They / we may be killing the orginazation. I like the person posting above mainly just join for the magazine. However I do go to about one quarter of the national meets.

The events are club events and only open to club members. It's like a family reunion, most would not want someone from outside the family to come to the event.

The compromise would be to charge more for non members and eliminate anything free. Otherwise why become a member if you get all the perks of membership without the actual membership?