Thread: Fs
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #10
Synchro909

Default Re: Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Syncro, I was thinking (sometimes that's dangerous!) you could take CTJack's ideas one step further and wire your ignition module straight to the battery. All it would take is some wire, a switch, some connectors, and some time. Just keep your polarity correct for your setup. That would eliminate any question about power flow/ground, etc. You could pick up power at the starter battery cable connection, and run a ground to the battery ground strap. I do have a short cable (a 12 volt battery cable with eyelets on both ends) that I run from where my battery ground strap attaches to the frame, over to a bolt on the transmission to get a better ground. When I did this, I got a noticeable increase in cranking speed.
Art, wouldn't that mean power is connected to the module all of the time? Pertronix say you shouldn't leave the key on for more than 30 seconds without the motor running.
From your post, I think you have assumed I am 6 volt +ve earth. It is 12v, - ve earth.