View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 11:43 PM   #13
JimNNN

Default Re: 1961 FE exaust manifolds and casting numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordor41 View Post
instead of ordering a heat riser valve spacer, why not take the valve disc out and use the empty valve as a spacer. then everything will look original

Great idea, fordor41. When I replace the manifold I'll take a look at it and see how intact it is. At this point my main concern is making sure my exhaust seal is 100%. Regardless, I'll keep the original valve with the car always.

LOW AND BEHOLD, I found a manifold on evil bay right now that has the exact same casting number as my original! 5751204

It wasn't exactly cheap, but it looks to be in very good condition, and has no cracks according to the seller - who has a very high rating over 40k + feedback. I went ahead and ordered it. There's a 30 day return policy with this seller.

Many thanks to Kultulz (especially), alt63bird, estout81 and darrell and anyone else I missed for the much needed help. Another question:

Why are the second set of holes back from the front (and presumably the corresponding fasteners) smaller than the others on these manifolds?

Also, if I'm going to go with new fasteners for the manifold, what would you recommend? Thanks again.

Last edited by JimNNN; 01-20-2021 at 11:56 PM.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote