View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 05:09 AM   #11
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: 56 tbird bellcrank assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker98038 View Post

Kultulz, regarding my post, and this is from memory not from looking it up in the manual.

The o/d throttle linkage was set to reach WOT at the carb as the throttle pedal contacted but did not actuate the kick down switch. More pressure (movement) on the throttle pedal would actuate the kick down switch, starting that sequence. At that point the spring loaded rod allowed the movement past WOT without bending or "springing" the linkage or over stressing the carb stop. Having adjusted and used those, that's as I remember it.

Without that spring loaded link you couldn't get WOT without kicking the o/d out.

On the FOM, did something of that nature play out with the kickdown rod assembly? Part of the reason for the second spring and sliding link?

This is just for my general sum of knowledge.
I am not 100% certain as FORD-MERC-BIRD info is scattered (even in their repair manuals). Let me do some more searching and I will get back.

THANX for the OD INFO.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote