View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #100
zzlegend

Default Re: Success with improvements for touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post
This thread prolly makes no sense anymore.
I simply began it as informative based on my personal experience. In no way did I ever suggest the mods I made were essential. I am aware that various owners have often contemplated, 'what if I made this particular mod to the car?", and I was merely attempting to address that.

Several of the responses I felt were outrageous and abusive, and non-contributory, and ignored the disclaimer that I included which was simply, 'if you don;'t like it don't do it'.
Those people have been invited to have lunch with me for free, but no one has ever taken me up on my offer. However, that offer still stands.

I soon deleted the details of my initial post.

In the Dallas club we think nothing of doing 1000 mile tours and there are times you cannot avoid the interstates. Most of us have incorporated various types of uneccessary mods. Before you respond, first tell us exactly what you do with your car.

"but not real dire necessity"
At no time was it said that they were

Appropriate, helpful responses here would be not to focus on the issue of necessity, since it was already agreed they are not essential, but rather to state your personal experience with similar mods; such as , well, I have a Mitchell and I don't like it because......; or I have AC but I don't like it because......
Free lunch????? Don't tell me ,,,,,,,,,,,,is chili on the menu?
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote