View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
30ccpickup

Default Ford Dealer & Service Field's take on Oil Gauge

Today is good day to read some of my period magazines. I came upon this from the Ford Dealer and Service Field. It seems they are saying an oil gauge is not necessary, but add one to appease the customer... Did Chevy one up them and/or is this just sales talk? What say you?

"“Oil Gauge on Instrument Board”

OWING to the fact that the six cylinder Chevrolet oil pump has to distribute the oil through numerous pipes and raise it to the top of the cylinder block to lubricate the camshaft, the Chevrolet engineers have added an oil gauge on the instrument board. With the Ford oil pump located down at the bottom of the crank case, (Where it does not have to depend on suction to raise the oil to the pump), and with a gear type of oil pump capable of high pressures, the Ford engineers have not considered an oil gauge necessary on the Model A Ford. IF the prospective buyer of a Model A Ford does desire an oil gauge, there are a number of makes of reliable oil gauges Which can be quickly and easily attached. A connection at the side of the Ford cylinder block seems to have been designed for just this purpose.""

Ford Dealer & Service Field for January, 1929

Fordbarners, Feel free to use the pictures on my site to answer questions and create tutorials/tech articles.
30ccpickup is offline   Reply With Quote