View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 04:20 AM   #2
shew01

Default Re: roof/door trim rail.....perplexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat6 View Post
I am working on a 1930 fordor sedan.....Briggs. There is a rail/trim piece which is is mounted above the doors and runs the length of the car from windshield to behind the rearmost side window immediately above the doors. It curves down on the tail end. It is nailed into the wood frame and serves as a molding between the tops of the door frame openings and the roof panels above. It also, judging by its shape, serves as a drip rail (gutter) to shed water off the doors/windows.

So.... I can find no mention of the piece in any reference material i can access in manuals, catalogs or on line. Would like to know it "official name" so i can at least refer to it properly. The nails which attach it to the wood frame are built into this rail (it appears to be a two piece deal pressed together). It is about 75 inches long. It has what looks to be a heavy paper or cardboard "backing" perhaps for squeak supression??.

I have talked with the parts guru at Brattons and he said he is not familiar with this piece or its "gasket". I feel like maybe i am not using the right terms to explain.

Feedback appreciated.

Can you post some pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)