Thread: Post or not?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:32 AM   #8
Tod

Default Re: Post or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRutter View Post
We have Terry's blocks (5 main, cast iron with crankshaft & connecting rods) nearing production release, and Tod's block (3 main cast iron or 5 main cast aluminum ?) at some stage of completion.

We have had a lot of info from Terry on the engineering that has gone into his block, in addition to his recent assembly and test run results.

Tod, can you provide a summary of where you are in the process?

I have posted quite a bit of information since I started this a while back, messing around starting in 2012, or so, while I did my normal workload. In 2014 I had a running engine. I imagine some people on here are unaware of that.

There is no process. I made one and had it running in 2 years doing it on the side. Since there was almost no interest I set it aside for the most part and focused on several cylinder head projects as I machine the normal workload. I can talk all day about details, but I prefer to just do what I do.

For the past 2-3 years I have been very busy making tooling for several customers and there is no shortage of means of income. I have made more things than I care to discuss in the last 6 years since my first engine fired up, including tooling up an airplane engine that took flight quickly. I have several antique car engine parts finished in that time also, for some people that bring older and difficult parts to me. I have an 8BA almost ready to go, but other things have demanded my time, so it sits more than I like.

Forgive me if that came across as abrupt, and frank, but there is more than enough from my keyboard, even on this forum. I will not go over it all again. I only posted these recent pictures for those interested in my 3 main blocks.

I should add that the vast majority of contact I have with people here is about new cylinder heads.

Tod

Last edited by Tod; 10-06-2020 at 11:04 AM. Reason: additional info
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote