View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
zuburg

Default Copper washers for master cylinder and power booster fittings

I’m having trouble getting all my brake line connections on my 1956 T-bird to not leak and have a couple of questions about the copper washers.

I find two different parts from the various T-bird parts suppliers:

1. Part # 2154 and called Master Cylinder Gasket. The exploded illustration shows 2 of these used on the master cylinder brass fitting with the banjo bolt, that connects to the hard line to the power booster fitting. It shows one of these on the brass fitting on the side of the booster where the hard line from the master cylinder attaches. And last, it shows 2 of these on the brass fitting with the banjo bolt on the top of the booster where the flexible hose to the frame block attaches.

2. Part # 2149 and called Brake Hose Gasket. I couldn’t find where this part is used. Is this used on the rubber brake lines to the front wheel cylinders and rear axle?

3. Can I use a Dorman copper washer from the local parts stor if they fit snuggly?

4. The old washers have concentric rings on the flat part of the washer. Are these necessary or will the Dorman washers which are flat work? I read that new washers needed to be annealed first, is that true?

I have been fighting leaks for too long trying to bleed the brakes. I have a new master cylinder and rebuilt power booster as well as new lines.

Thanks
zuburg is offline   Reply With Quote