View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #9
Model A Ron

Default Re: Pump Gas for a Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Ron, you are the engineer amongst us. As far as me not being a fan of MMO, that is definitely not a factual statement. I can show you more than one partially-full bottle of MMO in my shop. It does have many uses in my book. What I am not a fan of is claims how MMO corrects things like noisy tappets on a Model-A engine, -or how it coats the inside of a gas tank enough to prevent rust from forming.

There is something else that it misleading in your statement. Ethanol fuel does not attract water. It absorbs it. Huge difference in that the water must find its way into the gas tank first. Ethanol fuel does not "draw it in" to the tank anymore than non-ethanol fuel does. And, if the water is absorbed into the fuel in large enough quantities to cause a fuel tank to begin rusting, then at that quantity it is likely going to struggle burning inside of a Model-A engine, ...even one equipped with one of those magical Lion heads!!

The sole benefit to using a non-ethanol blend of fuel is to curb the tainting process that occurs with ethanol fuels as you mentioned above.

Brent
I work as an Engineer however I have a Metallurgical background and work in Quality and Supplier Development in both Automotive and Non Automotive applications. This discipline is focused on Quality, Problem Solving, and Root Cause Analysis, not Petrochemical applications.

I think we are splitting hairs when it comes to attracting/absorbing moisture when it comes to the intent of the comment however technically you are correct.

As for MMO and the Lion Head I did not bring them up, you did. This trend is about "Pump Gas for a Model A"

Regards,
Ron
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote