Thread: Cam clean-up?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #11
GB SISSON

Default Re: Cam clean-up?

Only have a wood lathe.... No pits on pump lobe or any I can see on the journals, ran it hard onto my wire wheel. Still some deep pits, so looks like a regrind. The woodie is no hotrod, but it's home turf is hill country. No interest in a 'lopey idle'. I don't even get why that is supposed to be cool. My engine experience comes from the one lung engine and antique tractor world. I would tow all my machinery to the yearly meet behind my 38 tonner with the 59ab and merc crank. SOOOO many old timers at the show only wanted to listen to the flathead V8 idle. I had to warn the newbies that that silent engine was actually running and stop putting your fingers so near the fan blade. In review, I love the added torque/hill climbing of the merc crank, but no interest in extra HP and no interest in hard to adjust lifters from the small base circle, special wrenches, shorter lifter bore etc. I will take some pics of the wire wheeled cam, but as usual my 10 year old phone is dead on my truck seat......
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 03-30-2021 at 08:17 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote