View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
ceejay

Default 33 Phaeton questions from Sri Lanka

Hi All,

I just bought a 33 Phaeton over here in Sri Lanka.

It is the only known 33 Ford in the country and is Right hand Drive with the flathead 4 cylinder engine.

I have a few questions for now and will have LOTS more later on as I get to know my car...

What were the original wheel and tire sizes for the 33 Phaetons ?
My car has 16" Ford wire wheels on it. Possibly someone has fitted them later on if they are not the correct size.

Next question is how should one operate the starter ?
I have seen lots of YouTube videos where on Left Hand Drive cars, you push a knob which pushes the switch on the starter (which is also on the Left side of the engine.)

I have seen photos of starters with PULL switches on the web... my car has one of these and it has been connected to a cable which is on the dash. Pull to start... is this wrong ?

if it should have a push to start foot knob, should it still be on the left side... meaning on the passengers foot well ? does the driver have to reach all the way to the other side by foot to press it ? ... or was there a rod and lever system bringing the foot knob to the drivers (right hand) side ?

Attached are a few photos of my car... it has been very badly restored by the previous owner and I plan on doing a ground up restoration to put every thing right so I am gathering knowledge right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0458[1].JPG (44.4 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0467[1].JPG (36.6 KB, 171 views)
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote