View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #75
sphanna

Default Re: Success with improvements for touring

"OK, first off I am in this for all the touring I can get. So if you don't like what I have done, simply put, don't do it. This post is for the benefit of those who have considered these changes for their car but weren't sure about them. And, the Dallas club has a bunch of excellent tours every yr."

"This all boils down to being easier on the car and easier on the driver."

tbirdtbird: I appreciate carefully restored stock A's. I also appreciate those who do as you have inorder to make their cars safer and more relaxing for touring.

I'm giving you credit for your well thought out mods to your car. The first paragraph explains your intent for the post. Your last sentence also was appropiate and true. I give you credit to have the good sense to know your car's limitations and your common sense operating skills.

I personally appreciate your post. You made no attempt to diminish other's way of thinking. I can see that your post could be helpful to some who were weighing the pros and cons of some of the mods. Some of the comments do not give you proper respect for having common sense in what you do.

I have some of the mods on my car and you are correct. Some mods are easier on the car and enhance the driving comfort. I hope to meet you on a tour sometime.