View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
lgndlt5

Default Re: Oil filter add to 36 lb?

Thank you both or our responses. I remain a bit confused however. How wou rerun oil o he lifter valley cause increased oil consumption? Would it not be ok to route the restricted oil flow down through the bad of the road draft breather which Is the oil fill for the engine? My apologies for not understanding fully I do understand the orifice to minimize oil flow and preventing a large reduction in system pressure Beside trying eliminate all the external plumbing to the oil pan this is an LB which does not have “pressurized” crankcase just an open breather scoop and screen. That serves as the oil fill as well as a breather. Is it that a “full flow” style filter would not work well even with the small restricton orific in place on the feed side of the filter? My apologies for still being confused. Is it that the restriction orifice must be on the output side of the filter. This will sound like a contradiction this 1936 sedan is a very original “ barn find” that I am not going to restore but maintain as a reliable driver focused on maintaining as is. Paint ok not perfect, not missing parts just needs to be maintained etc. Using non-detergent oil but would like to not modify anything just maintain and upkeep. If this is not viable please let me know. It removing the oil pan but sure would like to filter the oil thanks to all that offer direction apologies for my continued confusion. And Thank youall who may offer a reply or advice!
lgndlt5 is offline   Reply With Quote