View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 07:24 PM   #17
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: COMPARISONS...1939-1948 Ford/Mercury Running Gear

Hey Coop and Crew - thanks for the information. I was looking at my 40 Merc coupe today - pondering its future. While there is a lot that I like about the car (especially the front end), the rear of the top I still think is butt ugly. If only they'd made it like the Zephyr . . . it would have been wonderful.

The rear of the top would have looked so much better if it swept back like a 40 Ford. There is a definite reason that most 40 Merc customs features a serious top-chop and a complete reworking of the rear of the top and how it flows into the trunk. I don't know if the Merc top was designed for more back-seat headroom or what . . . but it is definitely the part of the body that is NOT appealing (well at least to me). The rest I like.

When I get to this project, I'm sure I'll work with my expert metal man to redo the top - just the way it is for me to like the car. When you see a custom Merc like the infamous Matranga version, it sure does change the look - in a very pleasing departure from stock.

MatrangaMerc.jpg

Hmmm . . . when to get started on THAT project! LOL

B&S
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote