View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #5
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Petronix ignition question

Hard to beat the Pertronix conversions its simply a copy of the Ford and Chrysler ignition systems form the seventy's which were extremely reliable. I believe its called a hall effect switch triggered by magnets and some by a metal edge crossing the face of the module a very simple system with no wearing parts. Its always been a requirement listed in the instructions to use suppression ignition wires another important consideration is the proper coil used the instructions list the ohm rating needed. Using the copper core wires will work BUT in time that may not be the case. Using the correct wires will show an improvement in performance at least thats what I have experienced when working on similar installations like yours installed by others using the parts listed as do not use.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote