View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #10
1crosscut

Default Re: Gleaner engine pictures??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peters View Post
Dave. I remember your initial post about the 2 diamond engines you acquired. And now one of them is almost finished. Great job!
Looking to your photos from two years ago, I saw a hand clutch on your engine with a manufacture tag. What is the name of the company that made that clutch? I had an old Leroy engine on a one row Gehl silage chopper with a Rockford clutch. Rockford, Illinois. Just curious. Love the "Alderized" finish!
Mike, It is a Twin City clutch out of Racine Wisconsin.
A year or so ago I had a gent and his son who was about 10 years old walk up my driveway after seeing my AA truck and asked to look at it. The boy was super interested in the truck and old machinery in general. I gave them a tour of my shop and as we were looking at the two gleaner engines I commented that I was having a devil of a time figuring out how to get the hand clutch assembly removed from the engine. The father looked a bit closer at it and noticed the Twin City name plate on it. He grinned and said the his brother was one of the upper management guys at Twin City!
He reached out to him and his brother sent me copies of the original drawings for manufacturing the clutch assembly.
Is this a small world or what???!!

Glad you like the finish. Seems that I'm somewhat fond of polished rust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1936 Model A 7.jpg (77.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 1936 Model A 6.jpg (39.0 KB, 44 views)