View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:13 PM   #24
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Primary carb- Front or back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I don't see anything in your post that would cause me to change my mind. Let me ask you : Have you ever spent any amount of time with these "rear-biased" manifolds?

Look at the way the manifold is made and THINK. That front carb is in the stock location for a reason.
The answer to your question is yes. Obviously you have no idea how many engines I have tuned. You obviously also dont know the reason the front carb is close to but not in the exact location compared to a stock intake manifold. The reason the carbs are set back is so the generator can be located on the front of the intake manifold in the stock location. The two set back carbs are not set in those locations so the intake can run with one progressively. Now you learning something! Most of the engines I have tuned have the set back carbs with the generator in the stock location. The following two deuce flathead intakes were all made so the generator could be located in the stock location on the front of the intake Hexagon Tool, Offy ,Edelbrock ,Sharp ,Fenton, Burns, Almquist, Edmunds, Nicson, Weiand, and easily two dozen more brands of flathead intakes. And yes i have tuned engines using the names i listed.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote