View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #1
Oldgearz

Default Turn Signals Again

Turn signal indicator light is the only thing on the whole car I can't get to work. I've searched the archives but can't find the answer. My problem is that while all the turn signals work as they should, including the emergency one in the rear window, the turn signal indicator light has a constant slight glow when the power switch is on and the bulb will not flash when either the signals or emergency flashers are activated. The unit is a Chieftain which is well grounded on the column. I have checked all grounds at all lights and they are all good. The steering column ground is good. I can't even get a test light to flash when I hook it directly to the flasher. I have the power hooked to the X, the lights to the L, and the indicator light to the P on the flasher. I have spent at least 3 days trying to solve this. Could problem be in the stop light switch or in the rear window emergency "Stop" flashing light? I took the fuse out of the "Stop" flasher and it made no difference. How can I get my indicator light to work? Any ideas will be gratefully tried.
Oldgearz is offline   Reply With Quote