View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
Ian1932

Default Re: Spreading a Reversed Rear 32 Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
If you've never worked with a curved 32-34 spring - trust me - it is WAY different than dealing with any straight/normal spring of any shape. No comparison when it comes to assembly work!

As Ian noted, when you take them apart, and just try to lay them back together - you have the various leaves going all over the place. It is terribly frustrating to say the least. Then - try to do all of that while you're also trying to compress the spring (because you have the main leaf already mounted) - you will have one heck of a battle on your hands! To make maters even worse, take a Posies "super slide" spring with all the cute little plastic "pucks" that don't even snap-in and stay where they're supposed too, then power coat the leaves - try putting one of those together without some special "jig" - nightmare boys . . . a nightmare!

Truthfully, I wish Henry had never made this spring - but, we have to live with it! LOL
Lol, i covered the leaves in slip plate...It was like stacking ice cubes, lol...
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote