View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #41
Bob Johnson

Default Re: What causes deceration vibration

Mike my post #20 08-29-2011 04:41 PM says:

"I just checked the flywheel for wobble. I took out the starter and measured with a dial indicator.

For the front to back wobble I took the measurements on the front face of the flywheel inside of the ring gear (not on the ring gear). I measured every 45 degrees. Before each measurement I made sure that the flywheel/crank was pushed rearward to eliminate the thrust play. The results were 0, 0, 1, 2, 1, 0, 0, 0.5 all in 1/1000th of an inch.

I made a tool to measure the side to side wobble through the starter hole. I measured just in back of the ring gear. I again measured every 45 degrees. The results were 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 2, 2 all in 1/1000th inch."

I think that means that flywheel run out is not the problem. The flywheel crank and clutch were dynamically balanced.

Mr. Bear;
The valve springs were replaced with new ones at the recent rebuild. I check the spring for proper tension before installing them.

usurs;
The vibration occurs with the card not moving, clutch in or out which means it is not the transmission.

I have driven many Model As and I know that vibration is normal for a 4 cylinder engine. However this one has too much vibration as compared to others.

Thank everyone for the suggestions. Still looking for a solution.
Bob
Bob Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote