View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #21
Bob-A

Cool Re: B Distributor Initial Timing

I'm not much of a "guru" when it comes to anything Model-A or B. Especially concerning timing degrees or what ever. But, when I rebuilt a "B" distributor to run on my "B" block (with a "B " timing cover) replacing an "A" distributor. I could never find anywhere any instructions on Timing a B distributor!?! Eventually I found on the ..'Barn here, from 05-04-2013. A message from fellow FordBarn'er H. L. Chauvin. The thread was titled: "B Distributor in a Model-A and how to set the timing perfect?" Mr. Chauvin stated: "This may not be what you where looking for, & some may disagree, however, the following is a vintage detailed description from an original copy of: 'Motors Handbook of Specifications, Interchangeable Parts Service Instructions for 1934'......which covered many specifications for most automobiles made in the US from 1927-1934." I don't know how to quote the thread and place it here in my message. But it should be easy to find in the archives like I did. I could not believe how easy it was to time the distributor after reading the vintage instructions! The only change I made was to set the gap at .020 and not .018.

I hope this might help.

Bob-A
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote