View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Quick question, winter ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns30 View Post
I start mine and let it run at a fast idle every couple weeks for 15 minutes or so and drive it up and down the driveway to get the brakes and gears moving a little. Is this necessary? No. Is it worse than letting it sit 4 months? Maybe, maybe not.
Why do I do it, in answer to post #2? Very simple answer - I work 70-80 hours per week in the winter at my job, and it puts a huge smile on my face on a Sunday once in a while to go out to the garage, start it up and hear it run . I'd go stir crazy for 4-5 months if I couldn't get behind the wheel and hear it run...
oh dont get me wrong i get the stir crazy part, It would be a great time to do all the grease zerks and routine maintenance.

thats why ya gotta get yourself a winter hobby! altho some of my summer hobbies that i say i will do in the winter somehow never happen...(supposed to rebuild a moped engine in the basement- yea that aint happening as of yet. Just wait late Jan Feb or March will get back to our frigid temps and snow and ice again... It always does.