View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 08:32 PM   #1407
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Hello Jim,

I always enjoy hearing from you. You just keep driving that ride mower and keep the grass and weeds down. It may save a fire this summer.
We have many trees and scrubs in our yard. We spread more and more fertilizer around and water twice each week in summer then cut back and prune, and take the trash to the rubbish tip twice each week. A never ending cycle but we continue to do it. What else would I do? Watch TV? Not likely. Another thing both my wife Patsy and I do is help elderly folk in our community and we find that rewarding.

Now the extreme high temps of summer are past I have my Model A ute out and washed, will get an annual roadworthy and use it. A combined states A group meets each two years and this coming meet is at Maryborough, Queensland. I am undecided whether I’ll go, it’s some 1,000 miles from home. An old gold mining town with many magnificent buildings and good climate. I’ve always like that town which is located on the Mary River. The internet picture is of the Post Office Hotel. One of many grand old buildings in the town. All old gold mining towns in Australia have many old grand buildings. It is also the birth place of Pamela Travers, the author of Mary Poppins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 12.16.36.jpg (20.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 12.27.31.jpg (8.2 KB, 5 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 04-06-2024 at 02:57 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote