Thread: fuel pumps
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #10
Alaska Jim

Default Re: fuel pumps

Thanks for the information guys, I am going to try and attach a photo of the pump I have. I am looking for another one. I see one listed on ebay as being for a 256 truck. and it looks like the one I have. the one I have was on a 272 eng. when I bought the car, but it has failed and I am looking for a replacement. I am aware that the FE pumps fit, and I have been using one for a few years with no problems, but now all of a sudden I am having fuel pressure problems. even with a regulator. I have tried different float levels, new floats, different types of needles and seats, new holley low pressure regulator, new pressure gauge, new FE fuel pump. I have tested the fuel pump , and it puts out 7 psi while cranking the eng. ( the FE pump) volume is also good. I have set the fuel pressure down as low as 1.5 psi. the eng runs good carbs work well, until I shut of the eng. then the carbs start flooding out the venturi's. most of the time it is the front carb that floods but the others also occasionally will also flood. the fuel pressure gauge actually shows an increase in pressure even with the eng. shut off. I have even installed insulator spacers between the carb and intake. the heat crossover is plugged. I thought if I could find a fuel pump that is like the original , it may cure my problem. my eng. is a 272 with an edelbrock 3x2 set up the end carbs are 8BA "94"'s and the center carb is an egc 6. this set up ran well with an offenhouser manifold, and all the problems started when I changed manifolds. I think that is just a coincidence
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1198.jpg (42.8 KB, 9 views)
Alaska Jim is offline   Reply With Quote