View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #250
GB SISSON

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

(This is about open/enclosed drivelines)There was a time when I had a chevy truck or two. When I sold the last of them, a one ton '51 stakebed to a local guy, I happened to run into him a few months later.... I really had told him that the parking brake did not hold, but he parked on a hill in his field. The truck rolled down the hill, ran over a heavy hog wire fence which hooked up on the open driveshaft. The free rolling truck continued to wrap the fencing tightly around the drive line until it was finally stopped by the huge circumference of the mess against the underside of the truck's body. He told me it took two weeks after work time to cut the wad off the shaft, going through more than a few wire cutters in the process.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote