View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 06:24 AM   #69
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Folks,
Good morning! We have been busy here! Summer and a new Ford in the family. Also 49 years ago our oldest son was born. Going to spend some time with him today too!
Back to this old AAB truck, Wow and I in learning mode! Thanks to all for the responses, suggestions and recommendations. Based on other threads on othwer forums, you probably should get some popcorn make your self comfortable and enjoy the ride in this case the FORD ride!
Wednesday June 9 the 32 was loaded and picked up from the garage it had been stored in.
Some pictures have friend Jim and or the previous owner of the dump truck. (Larry). I am the old guy in the orange (thats from another forum).
The 32 sees the light of day for first time in several decades!

We used the 8K Warn winch to gently tug the 32 from its home onto my car hauler.

Larry and his wife and my 32.

Ready for the short journey home to Albion. (about 25 miles)

The ride home was uneventful. The 32 liked it's hair blowing in the breeze!

Not knowing the curb weight it pulled about like one of my heavier Allis tractors at 5000 lbs. I have not looked up specs on weight yet.
Ecpect to have the PA title in 8 weeks. Larry wrote me a receipt for the cost on a book that he found in the truck that must have been from the late 40's! Very cool!
Much more to come just need to load some additional pictures in imgur.

I have been playing with it every chance I can.

By the way the radiator cap rode home in the center console of the 2015 F250 SuperCrew!

Regards,
Chris
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote