View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 01:17 PM   #18
WRA

Default Re: 2024 Chickasha pre-war Swap Meet

Unfortunately it became a self fulfilling prophecy. Last year there was some very strong criticism on FB and MTFCA Forum. This bad press grew over time and discouraged a lot of people.

The criticism last year and the resulting changes were the final straw. They should of never broke tradition and eliminated the Thursday evening set up. With this also went the RV & Overnight camping. Thursday was more about fellowship and tradition. Somehow it got twisted into an unfair advantage for certain people.

The Friday set up didn’t work out very well with a number of vendors still covered or setting up after 11 am. There were also a number of customers who made it on the fairgrounds during set up. Saturday was a ghost town with majority of the vendor leaving Friday afternoon. In the end the changes only hurt the meet.

I go every year and it’s never as bad as people said it was. I do well as a customer and a vendor. Yes, vendor turnout was low, but I still did great and managed to find a few items I need.

I’m very glad I was able to enjoy it while it lasted.

Last edited by WRA; 03-19-2024 at 04:09 PM.
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote