View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #18
cas3

Default Re: A California Survivor - California Cabriolet V-8

for those unfamiliar, the rip van winkle model t is a fun story. there was a farmer here in minnesota who never drove a car, but the local ford salesman would stop by every year and try to sell him a new ford. the man got tired of the ford mans visits, so he bought a new ford just to keep him away. the new ford touring, about a 1919 i think, was driven from town a few miles and then put up on blocks in a shed. the farmer bought license plates every year and put them under the back seat. so the new car sat for about 10 years or so until some kids stole it for a joy ride. they only went a few miles until it ran out of gas. so then, the car sat in the shed again, with about 15 miles on it, until the man died in the late 30's. then, a local man bought it, never drove it, until he died. his son, took it to california where it sat some more, basically forgotten by the ford community for quite a while. the fact that mr dobbins now has it is news to me, but thats a good place for it! story from memory here, hope i got it close to factual !
cas3 is online now   Reply With Quote