View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 11:26 PM   #15
cas3

Default Re: members that have collected other car besides ford

i've had lots of stuff. started out with chevys, a 36 std was my 1st car,drove it thru high school. 27 ford was next, 29 ford after that. it was easy to figure out you could buy anything you wanted for a ford, and almost nothing for a chevy. thru the years i was a tri 5 chevy guy for a while, you can get parts for them. next up was my ww2 craze. i had 11 halftracks at one time, mostly wrecks but i did restore an autocar m3. also had nearly every dodge wc variety except for an ambulance, two t16 universal carriers, and even an m7b1 gun motor carriage, same as a sherman hull but with a fixed 105 howitzer instead of a turret. never got it done and was offered too much so it went away. had about 5 1 1/2 ton chevys, two autocar cabover's, two cckw's one 1940 german r12 motorcycle, and three jeeps. when gas was approaching 5 bucks a gallon i sold em all. perhaps too early, ww2 stuff is expensive today. one thing was its amazing how much nos ww2 parts are still available. with the money i played with packards for a while, a 29 626 sedan old resto driver, and a 30 phaeton project. the packards were fun in that no doubt about it, you were driving a big rich mans car. smooth and quiet, every where you went nobody knew what it was. but, always scared to death somthing might break, and packard parts are not at swap meets, and not cheap when you find them. had a couple bmw isetta's, one diamond T truck with a 5.9 cummins, had about 40 motorcycles, now down to 25 or so, and now i wish i had spent all that time and money gathering 32-40 fords. parts are available for the most part, they are darn good cars, 32-36 are sexy enough to keep you awake at night. always had a model a on the road most of my life, and still enjoy model t's too, but the flathead v8 is currently, and probably my last interest. current fleet is two 34's, one 38, one 41 pu, 4 a's, 5 t's, and 10 buildings full of parts. retiring soon and want to move!!!! haha, thats funny

Last edited by cas3; 12-30-2019 at 12:06 AM. Reason: to add
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote