View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #48
hardtimes

Default Re: Float-A-Motor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much sometimes). My car had the 'rear FOM kit' when I bought it with the front stock mount.

Does the front FOM come as a separate kit or does it all come as one kit (Front and Rear)? I'm not planning on changing anything, just curious because so many have mentioned they only have the rear.
The FAM 'kit' that I've familiar with and have installed, consists of the TWO rear engine mounts to replace the TWO stock rear mounts. There is no front such FAM, that I'm aware of and so I successfully for many years, have used the stock Ford A/B front mount with the rear mentioned mounts.

Now, what a lot of A/B owners, who use rear engine FAM mounts....are not aware of, is that you should / must install the mount (FAM ?) that goes under cross member and attaches to the rear of transmission/u joint cover (top two bolts,etc). There is a RUBBER snubber/bumper that keeps the engine more in alignment when using FAM system. Otherwise, engine WILL move /shift more than it should under torque.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote