View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #266
[email protected]

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I purchased a 1929 CCPU to salve my feelings of loss on selling my Huckster. The Ill SOS office wanted me to remove the body so they could view the frame serial number that may not have even been there any longer. I had squacked enough on the phone and visits to the local SOS office that they finalluy sent out a SOS Inspector from a regional Chicago office to my home. He also wanted the frame off and started off as a real jerk. I told him how difficult it would be and showed him articles, etc. about serial number locations on the Model A and he eventually started to see it from my viewpoint. He left that day saying that he would take care of it for me but he then called back a couple of weeks later saying he had to schedule another trip to photograph my truck to give to the office gals at the SOS office in the Capital of Springfield, IL. He was pissed that they had him make this second trip. I wasn't surprised as these were the same office workers that had me send them notarized pictures of my transmission housing showing the casting number on it. We all know that the tranny doesn't have a serial number on it just a casting number. Shows that the highly paid state Experts are not that Expert......... PS this all started when the clear title from the purchase was being transferred to my name and they started calling it a 1929 Model T. My mistake was correcting them on this error that they themselves made. Chicago politics at it's finest. I was waiting for someone to ask for a bribe to take care of my problem... I did eventually get a corrected new Illinois title but they sure don't seem to like Model A's...
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote