View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 07:13 AM   #59
Henry Floored

Default Re: New block, a further discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Can't be done- no way- absolutely no way can anybody [corporate or individual] mass produce a flathead Ford V8 styled block these days....I know, because in this modern technological age we live in, the repro industry cannot even replicate simple parts that fit, that Ford, and others, churned out by the millions. We're so advanced....
Interesting as this thread is, [I am into getting great performance with ultra reliability outta my flatheads], all this is, in my opinion is conjecture. A dream...
Flatheads; you'll never spend so much to go so slow- Fact!!
Very, very interesting thread all the same.
Well I hope you're not right and when the apocalypse or Armageddon happens and the enemy attacks our power grid rendering all electronic devices useless I will be the one driving around in one of my two Flathead powered vehicles.

You see like cockroaches, these things seem like they'll survive the end of the world as we know it. When everyone else is walking you will think my Flatheads are very fast.

On a serious note it can be done. It's the wrong attitude that stops most everything. Attitude is altitude- Fact!

Here's what you do. You visualize shiny brand new and improved Flathead Ford engines stacked up from floor to ceiling and by the hundreds. Out front the phones are ringing off the hook and the people responsible for answering those calls can't keep up with the barrage of interest. It's at that very moment you realize that you have tapped into a pent up demand like no one has ever seen before.

You visualize that and work backwards.
Henry Floored is offline   Reply With Quote