View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #6
bdtutton

Default Re: Hot water heater will not fit

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I talked to Snyder's today and they said no-one there had ever put one in themselves, but they have talked to several customers that had. It sounded like most had been installed in the Fordor model and some were mounted on the floor and some were somehow mounted on the passenger side in the front and a few were even mounted in the back.

They said they did not have any pictures or additional information they could provide to me, but assured me some of their creative customers had figured out a way to do it. They did ask that when I figured something out that I send pictures to them so they can show others. Basically, they were not any help....

The good news is that I am creative and not afraid to try things. If I had a Fordor I probably would try to make it into a center console between the seat and the shifter and add some cup holders too. Since I have a Tudor I can't do that because the seats have to flip forward to allow people to get into the back seat. So i am going to try to mount it on the passenger side. My big challenge is going to be making a new fuel line that routes around the heater.

I live in Southwest Michigan and I agree that a manifold heater does an OK job. The problem is my wife says when the manifold heater is open there is a lot of noise that comes into the car through that little hole. There are times my wife stays in the car when I go into the store. The manifold heater does not work well when parked and idling. The hot water heater should work quite well when the car is parked and idling.

I will post pictures if I figure this out and make it work well...
bdtutton is offline   Reply With Quote