View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #15
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Help needed: Fuel Flow issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiedog View Post
SeaSlugs, You sure got that right as that can and does happen with some of todays cars.
As I had that happen to me on a 1973 car and that's what was wrong with it took a week to find the problem. And about $300.00 it figure it out as they kept replacing different part's to see if that was it.

Good luck in your quest
I had it happen to my riding mower (same model a style gravity feed system) was mowing then it started acting like it was running out of gas. Thought must be low no big deal. So it died, I went across the yard to get the can, came back lifted the hood and unscrewed the cap to discover half a tank left! Thought what the heck... so put cap back on and it started right up.

Mowed another few passes then it did it again. So again I open the cap to see if I can see anything plugging the outlet of the tank. Saw nothing so I put cap back on and started it up. Finally after the 3rd time it dawned on me that I kept hearing a sucking noise every time I opened the cap that I didnt remember being there before. So looking at the cap I saw a buncha dust and gas fume mix had turned to a goo at the vent hole. I left the cap lightly screwed on and mowed the rest of the yard without issues. Took some carb cleaner and a fine wire to the vent and been fine since.