Thread: Tranny Leak
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #18
Tom Endy

Default Re: Tranny Leak

Tom
You are a wealth of knowledge regarding the Model A Transmission and I thank you! Suffice to say I am not, can you tell/show me using the diagram in the link which washer you are speaking of? I want to replace it and fix the problem. If it's not in the diagram, can you point me to a part number or link to the part in a catalog?
I really appreciate the help. This forum sparks the old adage: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life. I love learning about Model A's and this forum teaches me more and more each day thanks to guys like you!

[/QUOTE]

The part is shown in a Bratton catalog on page 48, part number 10430. Or go on line at www.Brattons.com. Attached photos show how it attaches to the rear of the transmission main shaft. Note the six flutes on the main shaft. They pass under the rear bearing and are a path for oil. The front flange of the U-joint fits up against the inner portion of the rear bearing and acts as a stop. The notched flat washer fits into the back side of the front portion of the U-joint and acts as a dam.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is online now   Reply With Quote