View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #9
klawockvet

Default Re: Current Thoughts on SoCal Engine Builders

I actually can go anywhere in the world, but since I have the car in the California desert it would be easiest to take it to a shop that does quality work on Model A engines with balanced rotating assemblies and counter balanced cranks with insert bearings. I really didn't mean to start another bashing session on H&H. When I posted an inquiry years ago about H&H I was deluged with people who had bad experiences. That resulted in my going elsewhere. The engine I got elsewhere has made about 6K miles and is coming apart. I am not going to reveal who I got that motor from as I believe he does good work and I've lived long enough to know that if has wheels or tits it can have a come apart at any moment. However, I drive this car a lot and I don't have time to get a flathead in it yet, so I need to get it quickly back on the road. So, I will expand the question to include South and Central California looking for good reviews on a shop that will work on my current engine. Since I believe my crankshaft bearings are the problem I am going to definitely go with inserts and a counterbalanced crank. Please either post or PM with any positive reviews. Thanks,
klawockvet is offline   Reply With Quote