Thread: Drawings needed
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Drawings needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
You might want to check with the Bensen research center ar Ford.
The issue is he is going to need part numbers of each piece. I get my part numbers out of the Ford Body Parts List book however the date on mine is April of '32. It does not list parts for BBs. The only hope would be to locate the part number for the AA body and then substitute a BB for the prefix and see if there is any print under that number.

Personally Roger, I would treat this as if it were a 1932 'Orphan' truck that no one offers a kit for anyway. Think of it like restoring something like a Packard, Pierce Arrow, Studebaker, Hudson, Chevrolet, etc.

Start by piecing the body together setting all gaps, and then mock fit it onto the chassis. Use Pine lumber to fabricate a resemblance of sills using scraps to glue & screw onto the template to make the shape. Once completed, layout your pattern onto some 8/4 White Oak and use a drill, a router and a saw to replicate a facsimile of the sill. If you find a restored AA Panel, you should be able to take enough pictures and adapt the basic design to your BB. The same for cross-sills, header, rails and roof ribs.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote